17 January 2016

About Happiness & Letting Go

cocktails

I am not quite sure how this post will turn out, to be honest. I just felt the need to sit down and write. Write about things that happened in the last couple of weeks, things I am thinking about and which bother me at the moment.
It's Saturday evening and I am about to go out for dinner and drinks with a few of my favourite girls (hi, I know you're reading this haha). We haven't spend too much time lately and that's why I am really looking forward to finally sit down with them and to have a nice, quiet evening filled with (deep) convos and laughters.
This is one of the things I really want to do more often. Spend time with people who matter, I care about, who support and inspire me and - most importantly - I know they feel the same about me. I want to keep those people closer than ever and share memories with them. At the same time I want to distance myself from negativity and I have the feeling that there is so much of it around me at the moment. And sometimes this can be really hard. Especially when negativity is spreading from people, who you are actually used to have in your life. 
Right now, I don't know how to deal with it. I started to take a step back, trying not to think about it and not letting things overpower my mind. I feel so much better with positivity, that's why I think, that it's important to be a bit selfish when it comes to that. In the end you have to be in peace with yourself.
People say that happiness comes from within and this is so true. If you think positively and start accepting yourself, nothing can stop you. A positive mind is so valuable, you should never let go of it. 
I can't even tell when I started to feel like this, because I never actually thought about it. It wasn't until 2016 started and I took some time just being with myself and recapping the last year(s). I was thinking about all the good and bad times and what made them good or bad. I was thinking back to my childhood and how much easier everything was. I was thinking about how far I've come. And this is making me proud. I still don't know where I'm actually going, but then - who does?
The only thing I want to achieve is to stay positive and (as cheesy as it sounds) happiness. I recognized how much more motivated I am and comfortable I feel in my own skin. 
For the future, I want to be more by myself and figure out how to deal with negativism in a more mature and pleasant way. Time will tell.

Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section below. I'd love to hear about stuff that is going on in your life right now x

Follow

2 comments

  1. This was so great to read. Really loved it! I've followed your blog :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© NEXTTOLONDON
Maira Gall